Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday, Monday...

My day got off to a propitious start when I found one of my toys featured in this stellar treasury:

--Pinned with TreasuryPin.com
Unfortunately I don't know how to post the whole thing, so you'll have to go to this link to see all 16 items:

www.etsy.com/treasury/MjI4NTk0MjV8MjcyMjIwNzA4MQ/pulleys-epsteam

I enjoyed this collection very much. I remember playing with some of these toys. Chances are, you do too--if you're a baby boomer, anyway. The curator has a charming shop on Etsy, and I hope you'll take a look at it. I appreciate her featuring my item in her treasury so much!

www.etsy.com/shop/betsstuff

It was overcast this morning, so I took advantage of the good lighting conditions to take some outdoor photographs of items I acquired over the weekend. My husband and I stumbled upon a terrific sale! The proprietors formerly owned an antique store, and they were clearing out wonderful items for a fraction of their worth just to downsize. It was a heady experience. I came home with a large boxful of goodies for the Peppy shop. I'll show you a few:

www.etsy.com/listing/157474449/vtg-raccoon-salt-or-pepper-shaker

Dear Little Redware Pony Figurine
www.etsy.com/listing/157463376/dear-little-redware-pony-figurine

www.etsy.com/listing/157238997/hard-plastic-monkey-organ-grinder-coin

Speaking of MyPalPeppy, I had good news that Nikki,the senior special-needs dog we've been helping out, has been adopted. That's really encouraging, because not everyone wants to risk getting attached to a dog that hasn't many years left, particularly if that dog has any health issues.
    Nikki
 After communicating with Christy of DisplacedPetsRescue.com, I've decided that, for the next few months, Peppy's shop donations will go directly into the veterinary care fund as opposed to sponsoring a specific dog by defraying adoption fees. That appears to be the greater need at present. For those of you new to this blog, MyPalPeppy supports animal rescue by giving 15% of the purchase price of every item sold to this organization.

After slogging away in front of the computer all morning and half the afternoon, I decided to jump in feet first with a project I've had in mind for months. I'm reorganizing a big storage bin and a chest of drawers in the top of our barn so I can keep better track of my Etsy "inventory" and get some of the accompanying clutter out of the house. I made a good start, but I'll have to do a lot more, plus devise some kind of list to help me keep track of which item is where

When I first started selling on Etsy, it wasn't much of a problem. I could fit everything into a cardboard box or two and keep it in my sewing room closet. No longer! I've got stuff stashed all over the place and it's often a case of quiet desperation when someone orders an item and I find I can't remember where I've stowed it. I hope I can complete this task before the week is out because I haven't really much hair left to tear out.



Be Nice To Me, I'm Going Bald!
http://www.womenshairlossproject.com/category/hair-loss-humor/




 

 




No comments :

Post a Comment