Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Cautiously Easing Back into the Saddle

After taking a full summer off, I reopened what's left of MyPalPeppy as of today. The official grand reopening is a couple of weeks away, but meantime I need to reestablish myself on the Etsy radar screen and get going on listing the new stuff I've made and acquired over the long break.

I cheated a bit and created this treasury this morning.


www.etsy.com/treasury/MTA0ODU1ODB8MjcyNzc3NTI1MA/just-say-no-to-black-cats
As my father-in-law used to say, all's fair in love, war, and getting a job. And to that I would add, getting one's products noticed on Etsy.

I had great plans for the summer, thinking that by closing one shop I'd have oodles of extra time, but that was pure self-delusion. Basically all I did was to channel my efforts into my other shop, MelmacParadise, and not accomplish much else. I may have to go cold turkey next time, before home and hearth fall into rack and ruin. (Or is it "wrack" and ruin? Probably so.)

Oh, I did have a little info to share. Harking back to a previous post:
http://sheertrashroadshow.blogspot.com/2015/07/this-friday-vintage-animal-finds.html

I think I may have gotten an answer about my little toy ram. It looks mightily like these examples from a teammate's shop, 
:
primitive sheep figurines // german germany elastolin or lineol composite figure composition farm animal
www.etsy.com/listing/233594698/primitive-sheep-figurines-german-germany
She identifies them as being comprised of "antique composition material and elastolin". I'm not sure what elastolin is, but at least now I have an idea to continue researching. 

I love b's shop, by the way! She has such covet-able items. Here are some of the ones I'm lusting for:


5 five vintage pyrex harvest home cups // set of 5
www.etsy.com/listing/158801161/5-five-vintage-pyrex-harvest-home-cups

mid century pink elephant cake topper bar cocktail
www.etsy.com/listing/239696172/mid-century-pink-elephant-cake-toppe


vintage artificial corsage pink roses silver tinsel
www.etsy.com/listing/210543434/vintage-artificial-corsage-pink-roses


3  plastic deer fawn mid-century christmas decoration bambi familymom
www.etsy.com/listing/239586145/3-plastic-deer-fawn-mid-century

If you've been following this blog for any length of time, you probably saw those deer coming... I am a sucker for vintage plastic deer and have a massive collection of my own that I haul out every Christmas. I even have a few I keep out all year round because they're too wonderful to pack away.

I also admire b's photography style. It looks fabulous and I may have to find myself a similar background. Most of my stuff I do with a white background which I then fotofuze, but that's quite time-consuming and I need to find a simpler option.

Well, I should close. Got to quit schlepping around in my pajamas and get some work done. I have a masses of projects in half-finished condition and I need to tackle them. But before I do, take a look at this nifty vintage Halloween cape I found and rescued over the weekend. It was all crumpled up and stuffed into a box of ugly doll clothes at an otherwise dreary and overpriced estate sale we ran to ground; my little granddaughter is modeling for us:



I didn't feel brave enough to try and wash or iron this, but fortunately it seems clean enough, and by lying it between barely-damp towels overnight it seems to have straightened itself out. Isn't it cool? It's at least a 1950's item, maybe even 1940's. I especially love the scared puffed-up cats along the bottom. Amazing this thing is still around after all these decades.

By the way, we had rain!!  Lots of lovely rain over the weekend and more is predicted for tonight. Since the fire danger has been categorized as "extreme" (I don't remember when I ever saw it as high as it's been this summer) this change in the weather is a true blessing.

Of course, it wouldn't do to leave you without a laugh. My son and daughter-in-law produced this short clip. Hope you enjoy it!











3 comments :

  1. Hi Victoria!
    I'm thrilled to be introduced to your nifty blog! I LOVE "Just Say No..."! Congratulations on your grand re-opening ~ I can't wait to see what is happening at "Peppy"! Thank you so for featuring my shop and especially for the kind words...you've touched my heart and soul. All the very best to you, Victoria. I'm looking forward to your next blog posts... b ((umbrellafant))

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and I so enjoyed "Hitler" for breakfast! Nothing like starting the day with a hearty bowl of laughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, b! I'll be sure and tell my kids their "artistic" endeavor has garnered a fan! Glad you enjoyed this silly blog, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete