Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, September 12, 2015

My Myoptic Misadventures

https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTUzNDcxMDN8MjcyNzgwNzg4Mg/daddy-wouldnt-buy-me-a-bow-wow
I wanted to share the treasury I just made--I'm in a particularly kitsch mood today; in fact I just ordered myself a present:

More cuties for my tiny dog collection, from terrific etsy shop, HipCatRetroVintage!
www.etsy.com/shop/HipCatRetroVintage

I decided to splurge, maybe to offset the dismal prospect of dashing off shortly to the optometrist for yet another of my infamous forays into the perils of choosing new spectacles. Being as blind as a bat I can never see my own face without my glasses on, so taking them off to choose new frames is an inevitable fiasco in the making.

I got my first glasses in the 4th grade, and by the 6th grade, I was picking up my latest specs with the horrified wail, "I didn't know this was what I picked out!" Why my mother allowed me to choose some of these horrors which I was then required to wear for another year, I can only surmise. Perhaps she thought she was allowing me to express my individuality (not that I had any back then) or maybe she was simply too busy monitoring my bratty psychopathic younger sister stalking around the waiting room to pay any attention to what atrocity I was being fitted for. At any rate, she was no help.

Since then I've managed to thwart this problem on a few occasions, but not many. Once I took a friend (she's moved away) and several times I took my daughter (she's moved away) and then I had my youngest son come and take photos of me with his digital camera while I tried them (he's gone to work). On a few rare occasions I've gotten good advice from some woman who's happened to be on  hand at the time, but I fear this is going to be one of those "mystery frame" episodes and I can only hope I don't come out looking too awful. (Please don't suggest I take my husband along for his advice. Things will be bad enough with just my own nearsighted bungling.)

I can see it now, being made into a board game...

Mystery frames...
Are you ready for your mystery frames?
Will you shriek? Look like a freak?
Open the door for your (Eeek!!!!) mystery frames!



And before I sign off, let me remind everyone of the sale ongoing at MyPalPeppy through September 14--30% off. And then I hope you'll check out the shop's new look and items on the official grand reopening on Tuesday afternoon.

1 comment :

  1. I too, got my first pair of glasses in fourth grade so I could read the blackboard. By 6th grade, they were a constant in my life. Always a little envious of those with perfect vision but now, just thankful that glasses can remedy my nearsightedness. Thank you so much for mention of my shop, it's so appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete