Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Enjoy Your Holiday!


Yeah, yeah, I know. I haven't made any effort to keep the blog up of late.

It's been a hectic month or so around here. Doctors appointments, veterinary appointments, all sorts of Etsy activities keeping me hopping... You know. Life. 

I'll just supply a brief update, and then I'm back to the fray.

Towards the end up September, I was heading up to see my sister-in-law and spend the night at her place. On the way out the door, my husband tossed out this admonition, "You be careful on that staircase of hers. One of these days you'll fall down it."

To which I replied scornfully, "I've been up and down those stairs a hundred times! I've never fallen down them, and I'm not going to fall down them this time."

(You can see where I'm going with this, right?)

Call it pride going before a fall or just a plain old jinx, but sure enough, I tripped and crashed to the floor after mistaking the next-to-the-last step for the last step, and got a vicious sprain. After about three weeks of being black and blue and green halfway up to the knee, I was finally persuaded to go have it x-rayed, and it turned out I'd done more than sprain the thing, I'd managed to fracture it. 
You should have seen it when it got really technicolored! Yecch!

So I've had a full docket of podiatrist and physical therapist appointments to contend with, and still more to go.

Then, a few weeks ago Peppy had a bad turn and we nearly lost him. One night we were jolted awake when Pep abruptly let out a weird, waning reedy sound like an accordion or bagpipe letting out its last gasp, and he stopped breathing. He was motionless, his tongue was out, his eyes were open, and he was unresponsive. Horrible! My poor little dog, just gone in an instant--or so it seemed. I'm not sure how long he was "out" but it seemed like two or three minutes. It was probably less, but eventually, as I held him and stroked him and pleaded with him, he began to move somewhat groggily, and after about ten minutes, you'd never know he'd had a problem. It was sobering, though. 

Turns out his collapsing trachea problem has worsened, and he's developed a slight heart murmur. I've got meds now to control his coughing bouts, but it was a very scary episode and I'm hoping it was just some fluke incident that won't be repeated.

And tomorrow is Thanksgiving... It hardly seems possible it's here already. We're invited to my son's house for the dinner, so I'm enjoying a relaxing holiday this year. I only have to bring the relish tray! How odd it seems not to be cooking.

I did make the annual M&M turkeys, though. Couldn't resist, even though my kids are grown up and probably wouldn't miss them even if they did fail to appear. But the next generation needs to be properly indoctrinated, is the way I see it! 



I hope you all have a very special time with your families tomorrow. Count your blessings, and remember to thank the Lord for them!
















No comments :

Post a Comment