Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Friday, June 10, 2016

This Friday, the "Finds" are Furry!

It's a short post this time; I'm far too busy (and besotted!) with this week's fantastic find:



I took B. to town today, promising her a special surprise--kittens!
These two sweet tabby boys are now here at home, adjusting to new surroundings and spitting at the three strange little dogs who keep staring curiously at them. (Hopefully they'll get over that soon!)

B. chose and named her kitten "Catcher" almost immediately, and I'm hoping that's a prediction of his future mouse and mole hunting career. Mine (with the white paws) isn't officially named yet but he's getting over being scared and beginning to play with the ball and string we've provided for him. Such a charmer!

B. is so excited about the kittens she has opted to stay overnight at Grandma's (a first!) and accordingly, she changed into her pajamas at 2:30 in the afternoon to prepare for the big event. She's very sweet with the kittens; on the drive home with them, she assured them, "I B.! I not monster. I nice girl!" 

Meanwhile we've hauled out the old play pen so the kittens have a safe place to hang out when we're not with them; they can see the dogs, but with a measure of distance between them to keep them from feeling threatened. Already the hissing and spitting is less than it was at first. Hopefully in a day or two the poms will finally get their chance to meet the new additions properly.

At the kittens' original home, they were used to sleeping with a big dog,
so we've put this large stuffed dog in to keep them company.

No comments :

Post a Comment