Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, August 20, 2018

So.... Find any good stuff lately?



Just a sampling of the cool vintage trash I've hauled home lately.

I've been privileged to hit a couple of good church rummage sales recently and brought home a trove of fun stuff, some of which I'll end up giving away (the wooden cowboy tray in the back, for instance--my sister-in-law will love it) and a few bits I'll probably keep (for a while, at least) but most of it will end up in the shop eventually. I notice my nifty little shop link gizmo has disappeared from this page, so I'll just put the link here and you can check out the latest offerings here if you're so inclined:  www.sheertrashroadshow.etsy.com

Oh, and by the way, a recent development has been the start-up of a facebook group you might be interested in joining, if you enjoy crowing about your great cheapo finds or mooning over the good fortune of others. I only ask that anyone joining agree to being civil and clean-mouthed (clean-keyboarded?)--a sad commentary on our culture that one has to specify common courtesy, but there it is. Anyway, if you'd  like to join us (we're a very small group still) you can click the link: 
www.facebook.com/groups/200715087202269

Okay, enough of the intro!  I have a subject I want to explore today: mid-century decorative decals. Meyercord Decals, to be precise.


A few of my recent finds.
These inexpensive decals were wildly popular in the 1930s - 1960s, and one often finds their kitsch images on vintage household items. No wonder, as they are cute as all get-out, and were originally priced from 10 cents to 49 cents, depending on the size of the packet, which would translate into roughly $1.80 to $8.88 in today's currency. (You gotta love the Consumer Price Index inflation calculator--so much fun to use for determining trivial bits of information like this!)

And even today, you can find unused Meyercord decals for relatively little, although some of the more iconic and desirable images command higher prices. Just a quick stroll through eBay, Etsy, and Pinterest and I found these fun items in just minutes:

Vintage-Transfer-Paper-1950s-Meyercord-Wall-Decals-Fruit-Vegetable-People-Animal
www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Transfer-Paper-1950s-Meyercord-Wall-Decals-Fruit-Vegetable-People-Animal/263882603772, $6.50 Buy It Now
Vintage-Image-Nursery-Baby-Vanity-Set-With-Bear-Bunny-Waterslide-Decals-BAB613
www.ebay.com/itm/400989152751  $11.49 Buy It Now
www.etsy.com/listing/269044914/vintage-meyercord-decal-roses-nos   $5.00
www.etsy.com/listing/295196841/vintage-meyercord-decal-transfer-two   $17.00

Vintage-Transfer-Paper-1950s-Wall-Decals-Duro-Decal-Meyercord-Airplanes-Planes
www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Transfer-Paper-1950s-Wall-Decals-Duro-Decal-Meyercord-Airplanes-Planes/263877172525, $9 Buy It Now
www.etsy.com/listing/560841216/vintage-decal-teddy-bear-duck-drum   $19
www.etsy.com/listing/616118012/two-unopened-packs-of-meyercord-vintage  $11.00


www.etsy.com/listing/523071722/gene-autry-meyercord-decal   $22




I'll post more about these my next post, but tempus fugit and duty calls. Talk to you later!
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments :

Post a Comment