Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mystery Frames Revealed!




I'm sure you've been waiting with baited breath to see my new glasses. That is, if you read this earlier post:

http://sheertrashroadshow.blogspot.com/2015/09/my-myoptic-misadventures.html

(What is "baited" breath, anyway?)

Anyway, I went to collect them a few days ago, with much trepidation. I suppose the weirdly gothic thunderstorm, sudden torrential cloudburst, and unseasonly hail that came sweeping in just as I entered the optometrist's office was perhaps a portent of things to come.

The glasses were brought out for me to try on.

My first impression was that I suddenly looked like a cross between Sally Jessy Raphael.... (No! No! the younger version--please!)

Yeah, that one: 




and Ralphie, from A Christmas Story...





Actually, with my track record, this isn't a bad result. Though I did run out and buy a bottle of darker Clairol pronto to try and moderate the contrast between the dark frames and my increasingly washed-out middle-aged coloring.

I'll have to admit, though, that they're growing on me now that I've gotten used to them. 

Believe me, I've done worse... a lot worse...

Back when it all began...




No comments :

Post a Comment